Are you missing whole arches of teeth? Do you want to improve the function of your bite? Dr. Salari provides dentures and partials at Nova Smile Dental in Annandale, VA. Dentures provide stability to patients so they can eat the foods they love with confidence. they also help preserve the health of the bone and gums. Dr. Salari works with her patients to find the best restorative dental option for their specific needs.
Types of Dentures
There are a variety of different dentures that we can provide to patients in our Annandale office:
- Immediate Dentures: If you need tooth extractions for remaining infected or severely damaged teeth, we can provide you with immediate dentures. We are able to prepare for this short-term solution before your extraction procedure. Our team takes dental impressions that are used to fabricate the dentures. After the teeth are extracted, the immediate dentures are inserted.
- Partial Dentures: We recommend partial dentures for patients who are not eligible for a dental bridge. Partial dentures replace rows of missing teeth with a dental prosthesis. This type of denture is usually removable and prevents the shifting of any remaining natural teeth.
- Ball Attachment Denture: This type of denture requires two implants placed in the lower jaw and a denture that snaps onto the implants. This stabilizes the lower denture.
- Bar Attachment Denture: For a bar attachment denture, we place four to six implants into the lower jaw. After the implants are healed, they are connected with a custom support bar. The denture is made with special internal retention clips, or an overdenture, that attaches onto the support bar.
- Screw Retained Denture: For these dentures, we place five or more implants in your jaw and attaching a permanent denture. Your denture is held in place by screws or clasps that secure it to the support posts or bar. This denture will replace all your missing lower teeth.
Request a Dental Consultation
Let us know if you have any questions about dentures. We will be glad to help you! Call Nova Smile Dental at 703.783.4786 or schedule a dental appointment with us online.